Please read the following carefully:
Waiver and Release of Liability
1. I will be participating in the Bikram yoga classes/workshops offered by Bikram Yoga Kingston during which I will receive information and instructions about yoga.
2. I am aware:
(a) that Bikram yoga involves the practice of yoga in a heated room of approximately 40 degrees Celsius; and
(b) of the risks, dangers and hazards (including slipping, straining, spraining or any injury sustained due to physical exertion or exposure to heat) associated with exercise and in particular with the practice of yoga in a heated room; and
(c) that the floor can become slippery in a heated room; and
(d) that these yoga classes/workshops entail intensive physical activity and exertion by me and that the forces exerted on the body can cause physical injury or exacerbate pre-existing injuries/medical conditions; and
(e) that there maybe physical adjustments and contact from the yoga instructor from time to time; and
(f) that Bikram yoga is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
3. I accept and fully assume responsibility of all of the above risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of any resulting personal injury, damage or loss.
4. I acknowledge and agree that for my own health and safety I must:
(a) Before my first class/workshop with Bikram Yoga Kingston:
i. seek medical advice as to whether my physical or mental condition may limit my ability to participate safely in yoga classes conducted in a heated room; and
ii. notify the instructor(s) of any such condition irrespective of whether such medical advice has been sought.
(b) Before each class/workshop
i. inform the instructor(s) of any changes in my physical or mental condition that may affect my ability to participate safely in yoga classes conducted in a heated room; and
ii. ensure that I am wearing appropriate clothing for the activity
(c) During each class/workshop
i. listen to and follow the directions of the instructor(s);
ii. engage in yoga positions only to the extent that I am comfortable and will not continue if I feel pain or discomfort;
iii. ensure that I am properly hydrated;
iv. notify the instructor(s) if I do not want to be touched/adjusted; and
v. inform the instructor(s) if I feel pain or discomfort whether before during or after the class/workshop.
5. By signing this waiver and release of liability, I hereby:
(a) declare that I have no physical, medical or emotional condition that would prevent me from safe participation in a Bikram yoga class/workshop;
(b) voluntarily and expressly release Bikram Yoga Southside Pty Limited trading as Bikram Yoga Kingston, its Directors, Yoga Instructors and the owner of the premises and/or land from which the yoga classes/workshops are conducted from any claim, liability, demand or action I may have or acquire for any injury, condition, damages or death which arises, is caused by or is aggravated by reason of my participation in yoga classes/workshops with Bikram Yoga Kingston;
(c) consent to receive medical treatment, which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness; and
(d) acknowledge that I have considered the need for and/or have obtained medical advice.
6. I agree that if any part of this Waiver and release of Liability is illegal, void or unenforceable, that part is to be removed from this Waiver and Release of Liability and the remainder of this Waiver and Release of Liability will continue and is not affected.
And sign in the box below:
must be signed